- August 1, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The government is speeding up its review of the long-awaited budget bill for FY20 and plans to submit it to the House for scrutiny in Oct 19, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said on 31 Jul 19.
- The fiscal year starts in Oct 19, but 2020 budget expenditure, estimated at THB3.3tr, has been delayed due to the new government’s transition.
- The budget bill is expected to be passed into law after three months of scrutiny, or by Jan 20.
- However, it will take retroactive effect, the deputy prime minister said, adding that sources of funds to implement the policies are listed in the government policy manifesto.
- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will call a meeting with permanent secretaries and provincial governors on 8 Aug 19 to lay down policy guidelines, according to Mr Wissanu.
- The meeting is necessary to explain the policies in detail to state officials.