- August 3, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Starting from 3 Aug 21, people in 16 provinces affected by the government’s partial Covid-19 lockdown will receive the same rates of financial aid as 13 other provinces already assisted by the Social Security Fund, the government said on 2 Aug 21.
- Final details of the financial compensation plan by the National Economic and Social Development Council (NESDC) for the 16 provinces are expected to be submitted to the cabinet soon, Labour Minister Suchart Chomklin said.
- “In the first group of 13 provinces to receive the compensation, the payment of THB2,500 per person for employees under Section 33 of the Social Security Act will take place from 4 Aug 21 until 6 Aug 21,” he said.
- “Workers registered under Sections 39 and 40 of the Social Security Act, a broad group of freelance workers and self-employed people, will likely begin receiving the THB5,000 compensation from 24 Aug 21 onward,” Mr Suchart said. “Parties affected by the Covid-19 lockdown in the first 13 provinces will also receive more compensation after the government resolved to extend the lockdown for another month.”
- Mr Suchat also responded to a call by the Thai Taxi Network Association to include taxi drivers, older than 65 years of age, as beneficiaries under Section 40 of the Social Security Act, saying he will ask the NESDC to amend its compensation rules and forward them to the cabinet for approval.