- January 21, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Finance Ministry plans on assessing economic conditions over the next two months before deciding whether to roll out further stimulus measures.
- If existing measures are inadequate, the government stands ready to implement additional measures and there is sufficient room for the disbursement of a fiscal stimulus budget, said Arkhom Termpittayapaisith, the finance minister, at a virtual seminar titled “The Year Ahead 2021: Navigating the Path to Recovery” held on 20 Jan 21 by Kiatnakin Phatra (KKP) Financial Group.
- The government could also issue a second emergency loan decree if necessary, said Mr Arkhom.
- “The public debt-to-GDP ratio is at 50%, compared with the 60% ceiling rate of fiscal responsibility. We could increase the ceiling rate if necessary,” he said.
- Mr Arkhom said the government still has to emphasise measures to stimulate domestic demand as the country is limiting foreign tourist entry, with stringent requirements in place to curb the outbreak.
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2054415/finance-ministry-gauging-need-for-further-stimulus