- January 26, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Gen Prawit, who is also deputy prime minister, insisted the process of purging the 21 MPs in the faction led by PPRP secretary-general Thamanat Prompow was over and done with.
- Gen Prawit’s remark came after Somsak Pankasem, one of the 21 MPs, earlier appealed to the party to review the expulsion order. The Nakhon Ratchasima MP insisted he had no knowledge about the faction turning against the party which led to the MPs being removed from the PPRP.
- Gen Prawit said the expulsion will not be reconsidered.
- Gen Prawit also dismissed concerns by government chief whip Nirote Sunthornlekha that if the 21 MPs joined the opposition bloc, the coalition parties would face a crisis when it comes to mustering support to pass legislation in parliament.
- So far, the 21 MPs have not announced which side they will take.
- Patcharin Samsiripong, the PPRP spokeswoman, said the party stands ready to propose Gen Prayut as its prime ministerial candidate in the next election.