- April 11, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The kingdom is expected to record about 100,000 new Covid-19 cases per day following the Songkran holiday, according to Dr Prasit Watanapa, dean of Siriraj Hospital’s medical school.
- According to government figures, 50–60% of Covid-19 patients who died in the past 30 days were unvaccinated, while 30% received a second dose more than three months before and 5–10% had been inoculated with a single dose.
- Dr Prasit said most of those deaths were either people who weren’t fully vaccinated or weren’t vaccinated at all.
- The current fatality rate accounts for 3–4 times the acceptable 0.1%.
- It is essential that authorities keep the fatalities below 200 a day and the number of hospitalisations manageable to prevent medical capacity from being overwhelmed.
- Meanwhile, the XE coronavirus strain may not be spreading as fast as many previously feared, according to the Center for Medical Genomics (CMG) at Ramathibodi Hospital.