- July 2, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The new government will be asked to extend the Board of Investment’s promotional investment packages for the flagship Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) scheme for another year till end of 2020.
- Kanit Sangsubhan, secretary-general of the EEC Office, said the office will submit a proposal to extend the privilege packages, which are scheduled to expire on 30 Dec 19, once the new government comes together.
- He said the packages may need to be adjusted to make them more enticing for investors.
- According to Mr Kanit, the EEC will launch intensive roadshows in the remaining five months of 2019 to draw investment to the corridor.
- He refused to elaborate on possible new details for the packages, saying the duty falls to the Board of Investment.