- December 12, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Thammasat University, WHA Corporation and Toyota Motor Thailand are being promoted for new special economic zones worth a combined THB42bn in Jan 19, says the ad hoc committee for developmental administration of an Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC).
- Thammasat University’s Pattaya campus in Chon Buri will be the special zone for education, as the university will invest and expand all facilities to produce graduates for the corridor and construct a new medical centre for locals and expats.
- The university will spend THB8bn on 566 rai of the campus in 2019.
- WHA Corporation will be granted 232 rai in Bang Pakong district, Chachoengsao province for an e-commerce special zone, with an investment of THB1.3bn in robotics, automation, logistics and a digital centre.
- “The EEC Policy Committee, chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, will acknowledge and approve the proposal on Jan 23,” Mr Uttama Savanayana, Industry Minister said, adding that the four zones total 3,063 rai, of which 2,420 rai is for the investment area.
- The four special economic zones will enjoy a 50% reduction in corporate income tax for five years.