- March 1, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Covid-19 daily caseloads could top 100,000 by the Songkran festival in the middle of Apr 22 in the worst-case scenario, according to the Department of Disease Control (DDC).
- Whether the level of infections will drop or intensify in the weeks ahead depends on how strictly Covid-19 precautions are adopted, the DDC said.
- The precautions include refraining from group activities, working from home more, delaying non-essential travel, maintaining a high vaccination rate and practising the VUCA (Vaccine, Universal Prevention, Covid-19 Free Setting and ATK) measures.
- The DDC said the most optimistic outlook is one where the precautions are fully implemented, in which case the daily infections will taper off and be maintained at about 20,000 starting in Mar 22.
- The country reported 22,311 new Covid-19 cases during the previous 24 hours, the second consecutive day of declines from the peak of 25,615 on 26 Feb 22. There were 42 more coronavirus-related fatalities.