- August 29, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Commerce and the Agriculture and Cooperatives ministries have been told to join forces to spur exports over the remaining months of 2019 and pinpoint potential new buyers to ride the US-China trade war storm.
- In a meeting of overseas commercial affairs officials, directors of Thai Trade Centres from 58 offices worldwide and agricultural affairs officials, Deputy Prime Minister Jurin Laksanawisit said on 28 Aug 19 the two ministries must team up under a “securing market before production” strategy and roll out plans to boost market access for Thai products.
- The Commerce Ministry reported on 21 Aug 19 that customs-cleared outbound shipments rose 4.3% y/y in Jul 19 to USD21.2bn after falling by 2.2% y/y in Jun 19, 5.8% in May 19, 2.6% in Apr 19 and 4.9% in Mar 19.
- The officials should work in cooperation with the private sector to help tackle export obstacles and drive exports while they should also have a sound knowledge of Thai agricultural products, he said.
- Alongkorn Ponlaboot, adviser to the commerce minister, told the meeting cooperation is key in driving exports with the Commerce Ministry expected to identify potential markets.
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1738475/commerce-and-agriculture-ministries-told-to-lift-exports