- June 26, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha affirmed on 25 Jun 19 a new government will be in place by the middle of Jul 19, saying background checks on would-be cabinet ministers were progressing.
- He said the cabinet list will likely be forwarded for royal endorsement following his return from the G20 summit in Japan at the end of Jun 19.
- He did not say if it would be submitted as received from coalition parties.
- “We’ll ask them [nominees] to fill out forms. We’re running background checks with agencies concerned and they will give general information. For those who face lawsuits, the agencies concerned will give details, but eventually those individuals will have to verify information,” he said.
- Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon declined to say whether he would be part of the new cabinet.