- November 17, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The cabinet has approved a new tourist promotion campaign, “Visit Thailand Year 2022”, and the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has formed a committee to oversee pandemic-related obstacles for the sector.
- Minister of Tourism and Sports Pipat Ratchakitprakarn said the cabinet on 15 Nov 21 approved the ministry’s proposed campaign in line with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s target of reviving the tourism industry.
- The campaign will focus on Chiang Mai, Phuket, Nakhon Ratchasima and Ayutthaya and the goal of the campaign is a hotel occupancy rate of 50% in targeted provinces.
- The government will focus on the Middle East and Indian markets in 2022.
- He said the CCSA also approved on 12 Nov 21 the establishment of a new Centre for Tourism and Sports Situation Administration, chaired by Chote Trachu, permanent secretary of the Tourism and Sports Ministry, to focus on easing difficulties encountered when traveling during the pandemic.
- TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said that with all the measures in place, the tourism sector is expected to rebound and meet a targeted recovery of 50% of 2019 revenue levels, or THB1.5tn, by 2022. It is expected to reach 80% of that same level, or THB2.4tn, in 2023.