- October 2, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The administration committee for development of the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) has decided to launch terms of reference (ToRs) for bids of four megaprojects worth a combined THB372bn.
- Chaired by Industry Minister Uttama Savanayana, the committee approved four projects: the U-tapao airport (THB200bn); a maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) centre (THB11bn); the third phase of the Laem Chabang seaport (THB150bn); and the third phase of the Map Ta Phut seaport (THB11.1bn).
- The committee approved the details of the four projects’ auctions and plans to propose them to the EEC Policy Committee for approve on 4 Oct. The cabinet is scheduled to hear the details on 16 Oct. Mr Uttama said these four projects are core infrastructure for the three EEC provinces and the government expects the ToRs to attract potential investors.
- Earlier the government launched ToR for a high-speed railway, linking Don Mueang, Suvarnabhumi and U-tapao airports, including the administration of Airport Rail Link, with a total value investment of THB224bn.
- Mr Uttama said all four projects are in the form of a public private partnership (PPP). The government plans to spend THB650bn on these EEC-related infrastructures from a total investment budget of THB1.7tr for the corridor during 2017-21.
- Kobsak Pootrakool, the prime minister’s office minister, said the government plans to have a 30% stake of each PPP contract.