- April 29, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Some 16 million out of the 24 million registrants for a monthly stipend of THB5,000 have been approved as recipients and are in the final consideration process after the application period closed.
- Of the 24 million applicants, 1.7 million were rejected because they failed to pass identity authentication based on the Provincial Administration Department’s database.
- Of the total 22.3 million applicants who passed the ID authentication process, 16 million were either approved to receive the subsidy or are in the final screening process, and the remaining 6.3 million were rejected, said Finance Minister Uttama Savanayana.
- Some 4.2 million denied applicants were farmers who will receive financial aid by other methods, 1.1 million were salaried workers covered by the Social Security Fund’s Section 33, and 950,000 cancelled their applications.
- Mr Uttama said 10.6 million out of the 16 million registrants have been handed the THB5,000 in cash, or are in the money transfer process. Of this total 10.6 million, 7.5 million are those who received the money during 8-29 Apr 20, 480,000 will get the handout on 30 Apr 20 and the remaining 2.6 million by the first week of May 20.