- February 22, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Taiwan’s reported plan to send a combined arms battalion to the United States for training in 2H23 shows the two countries are significantly bolstering military exchanges, military experts said 22 Feb.
- A joint battalion composed mainly of soldiers from the Army’s 333rd Mechanized Infantry Brigade and 542nd Armor Brigade is expected to head to the U.S. in 2H23 for military exchanges, a source with knowledge of the matter told CNA.
- This marks the first time troops at battalion level, typically consisting of around 500 soldiers, will travel to the U.S. for training rather than platoon (25-60 troops) or company (80-150) level as in the past, according to the source.
- The Army declined to confirm or deny relevant details, saying only that all military exchange programs with foreign countries are handled according to pre-determined plans.
- Due to Taiwan’s special international situation and the potential impact leaks about Taiwan-U.S. military training and exchange programs could have on such plans, Taiwan’s government never confirms such programs.
External Link : https://focustaiwan.tw/politics/202302220024