- August 28, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The local economy flashed a yellow blue light for the fourth consecutive month in Jul 17, signalling sluggish growth, the National Development Council (NDC) said on 28 Aug 17.
- The NDC said the composite index of monitoring indicators totalled 22 in Jul 17, unchanged from Jun 17. That was one point shy of the level needed to flash a green light, which would suggest stable growth.
- The council was cautiously upbeat, Wu Ming-hui, head of the NDC Department of Economic Development said, because Jul 17’s leading indicators, which offer some idea of Taiwan’s future economic climate, rose for the second consecutive month. In Jul 17, the leading indicators rose 0.18% to 101.08 from Jun 17.
- Wu said Taiwan’s economy is expected to benefit from the global economy’s stable pace of recovery in 2H17, as the country’s exports are likely to be boosted by solid global demand, in particular for mobile devices and gadgets used in the Internet of Things.
- She said the planned expansion of semiconductor capacity in Taiwan is expected to lead to an increase in private investment, while private consumption could be helped by better economic fundamentals.
External Link : http://focustaiwan.tw/news/aeco/201708280026.aspx