- March 1, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Singapore inked a deal with the United Kingdom on Wednesday aimed at creating business opportunities in the clean energy, low-emission transport and sustainable finance sectors.
- The UK-Singapore Green Economy Framework will support economic growth and job creation, while encouraging the decarbonisation of economic activities, noted the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI).
- The cooperation will start with a focus on three key pillars: green transport; low-carbon energy and technologies; and carbon markets and sustainable finance.
- The framework will also support collaborations between both countries’ governments, academia and business communities through activities such as enterprise matching and co-innovation projects, as well as green capability development for small and medium-sized enterprises
- The framework will further strengthen the economic partnership between the two countries, underpinned by the UK-Singapore Free Trade Agreement and UK-Singapore Digital Economy Agreement.
- The move follows the Singapore-Australia Green Economy Agreement signed in Oct 22.
External Link : https://www.straitstimes.com/business/singapore-signs-green-economy-pact-with-uk-for-sustainable-energy-transport-and-finance