- February 9, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Two Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) were signed between Singapore and Vietnam.
- The MOU on the Green-Digital Economic Partnership between the Ministry of Trade and Industry and the Vietnam Ministry of Planning and Investment is an overarching framework that aims to advance collaboration in the green and digital economy between Singapore and Vietnam.
- The framework builds on the foundation of four earlier MoUs between Singapore and Vietnam ministries on digital economy, energy, carbon credits and innovation signed in 2022
- The MOU on the Economic and Trade Cooperation Workplan between the Ministry of Trade and Industry and the Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade is an implementation MOU which builds on the MOU on Economic and Trade Cooperation, signed between the two ministries in February 2022.
- It will comprise implementation activities and goals for 2023 to enhance bilateral economic and trade cooperation. These include facilitating collaboration in the digital economy, deepening agri-trade cooperation through business matching, and facilitating the investment of Singapore companies in the agriculture and logistics sectors in Vietnam.
External Link : https://www.sgpc.gov.sg/sgpcmedia/media_releases/mti/press_release/P-20230209-2/attachment/Singapore%20and%20Vietnam%20Enhance%20Economic%20Cooperation%20With%20Signing%20of%20New%20Partnerships_9%20Feb.pdf