- July 29, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Sabah government will set up a body to finetune matters relating to the 20% oil royalty claim forwarded to the federal government.
- Chief Minister Mohd Shafie Apdal said the body would finetune discussions between the state and federal governments, particularly with Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
- “We are aware that the Pakatan Harapan manifesto contains matters relating to oil royalty for Sabah, but it is somewhat different from what we understand.
- “We (Sabah) asked to be given 20% of the royalty,” he told reporters after officiating the 13th annual general meeting of the state level Education Service Pensioners Association in Semporna on 29 Jul.
- He said the state government would ensure that the 20% oil royalty claim would become a reality.
- Shafie said a meeting would be held with Dr Mahathir to discuss the 20% oil royalty for Sabah.
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/82774