- October 26, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The DAP has announced candidates for some of the seats it will contest in the next general election.
- Tony Pua and Ong Kian Ming will be sitting out of the polls. The two have previously hinted that they wished to take a break from frontline politics. Pua’s Damansara seat will be defended by Selangor DAP chief Gobind Singh, while former minister Yeo Bee Yin will defend Gobind’s Puchong constituency.
- Despite support from civil society, incumbent Klang MP Charles Santiago has been dropped as a candidate. Gobind admitted that it was “difficult” to drop him, but that others should be given the opportunity to contest.
- In Pahang, incumbent Bentong MP Wong Tack has been dropped as a candidate in favour of assemblywoman Young Syefura, in an attempt to elect the DAP’s first female Malay MP. Wong has retaliated by announcing his intention to stand as an independent.
- DAP Secretary-General Anthony Loke claimed that Wong had been offered to contest the Cameron Highlands seat, but the latter refused the suggestion.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/641125