- May 5, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his Japanese counterpart, Mr Fumio Kishida, reaffirmed the longstanding and excellent relations between the Republic and Japan, as they met in Singapore on 5 May.
- Mr Kishida was in transit on his way back to Japan after a four-country Africa trip, and was hosted to lunch by PM Lee.
- PM Lee said that they had good discussions on further deepening cooperation in areas of mutual interest, as well as on key regional and international developments.
- When they met, the two leaders discussed expanding and deepening cooperation in areas such as the economy, digitalisation, energy and sustainability, said the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) on Friday.
- Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Mofa), in a separate statement, said Mr Kishida also expressed his wish to promote cooperation in areas such as start-ups and supply chain resilience.
- The two leaders also exchanged views on regional and international developments and emphasised the importance of upholding a rules-based global order and the principles enshrined in the United Nations Charter, added the MFA.
External Link : https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/pm-lee-and-pm-kishida-reaffirm-excellent-ties-between-singapore-and-japan