- March 16, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Given China’s increased activities in the South China Sea, the Philippines and Vietnam are calling for the immediate crafting and implementation of a Code of Conduct (COC) in the disputed region.
- Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana was in Vietnam on 11 Mar 19 for a bilateral meeting with his Vietnamese counterpart, Minister of National Defense Ngyo Xuan Lich.
- He and his counterpart also agreed that each country should individually deal with their peculiar circumstances in the disputed region.
- Both defense chiefs exchanged views on the current situation of each country as well as in the region and world.
- They also reviewed bilateral defense ties over the last few years, especially since the two defense chiefs signed a defense agreement in 2010 later upgraded to the level of strategic partnership in 2015.
- The two sides decided to boost cooperation in key fields to include defense industry, non-traditional security, air forces and military student exchanges.