- January 18, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THE PHILIPPINES aims to fully vaccinate 77 million people against the coronavirus by the end of Mar 22, according to the presidential palace, as the government tries to boost defenses against more contagious variants.
- “We expect 77 million Filipinos to be fully vaccinated by the end of the first quarter given the rate of our vaccine rollout,” Cabinet Secretary Karlo Alexei B. Nograles said, citing vaccine czar Carlito G. Galvez, Jr.
- About 90 million people will have been fully protected against the coronavirus by end-Jun 22, he added. Mr. Nograles said the government injected an average of 987,045 doses daily on 10-14 Jan 22, with about 2.5 million more people having been fully inoculated.
- “The government plans to concentrate on regions and areas with more unvaccinated people to ensure that a greater proportion of our population in the provinces are protected from COVID,” he added.
- He said the government expects that all registered voters will have been vaccinated against the coronavirus before the May 22 elections. “Before Apr 22 or even May 22, we want our adult population to be fully vaccinated,” he said.
- Mr. Nograles said 55.19 million Filipinos have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, while 63.8 million people have gotten their first dose. “With our vaccination’s current pace, the Philippines will be able to fully vaccinate 70% of its total population in 53 days.”
- About 4.7 million Filipinos have received their booster shots, Mr. Galvez said separately. “Based on our analysis, this is low because we almost simultaneously launched the vaccination of children,” he said in Filipino. “There are more than 8 million children.”
External Link : https://www.bworldonline.com/philippines-to-vaccinate-77-million-by-end-march/