- August 30, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio’s party, Hugpong ng Pagbabago, does not see the possibility of her running for president in tandem with Sen. Bong Go because “it does not make political sense.”
- “Since they (Duterte-Carpio and Go) both come from the same area, more so Davao City, so it is not possible,” he added, noting that the HNP – although a regional party – understands that the presidency requires a nationwide campaign.
- Even if the idea of a Sara Duterte-Bong Go tandem came from President Duterte himself, Del Rosario said: “I do not think it is going to happen.”
- The HNP, he said, knows that Duterte-Carpio makes her own decisions, and that is why even if she has been topping surveys on potential candidates for president in in 2022’s elections, she is giving herself some time to think it over.
- “And whatever she will decide whether she will seek reelection as Davao City mayor or run for president, it will be her decision and I believe she will stick by her decision. It is very rare that she flip-flops,” he added.
- The HNP also distanced itself from the infighting within the President’s Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDD-Laban).
- Sara herself meanwhile has urged President Rodrigo Duterte and Sen. Bong Go to “own up” publicly their decision to run as a tandem after her father “personally confirmed” to her his plan in in 2022’s polls.
- She also called out the PDP-Laban faction of Sen. Koko Pimentel and Ron Munsayac to “stop blaming me for the sad state of their political party.”, calling the PDP-Laban a sit-com.
External Link : https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2021/08/26/2122847/duterte-run-vp-he-thought-sara-wont-seek-presidency-palace/
External Link : https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2021/8/25/Sara-Duterte-PDP-Laban-Duterte-Go-own-up-tandem.html/
External Link : https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2021/08/30/2123511/sara-bong-go-tandem-impossible-hugpong/