- June 6, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) chairman Tan Sri Mohd Sidek Hassan and Datuk Mohd Omar Mustapha, chairman of the national oil company’s remuneration committee, are slated to resign soon, according to sources
- Mohd Sidek, 67, has been chairman of Petronas since 1 Jul 12, and served in the Administrative and Diplomatic Service of the Malaysian Civil Service for over 38 years previously, with the last six as the chief secretary to the government.
- Mohd Omar, 47, chairman of Petronas remuneration committee since 2015, is also an independent non-executive director at the oil company.
- Mohd Sidek and Mohd Omar came in around the time when former president and chief executive officer Tan Sri Mohd Hassan Marican left Petronas in Feb 10.
- Mohd Hassan went on to become deputy chairman of Sembcorp Marine Ltd in 2011 and subsequently became its chairman in 2014.
- The possible departures of Mohd Sidek and Mohd Omar raise the question whether this would pave the way for Mohd Hassan’s return to Petronas.