- March 7, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Kim Yo-jong, the sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, warned on 7 Mar the North is ready to take “overwhelming” actions against military activities by the United States and South Korea, as its rivals are staging joint military drills involving American strategic assets.
- Kim also warned the North will regard any US attempt to intercept a missile that it will fire as a “clear declaration of war” against the reclusive nation.
- “As already clarified, we keep our eye on the restless military moves by the US forces and the South Korean puppet military and are always on standby to take appropriate, quick and overwhelming action at any time according to our judgment,” Kim said.
- Kim also took issue with a news report about the commander of the US Indo-Pacific Command. A local newspaper reported Monday that Adm. John Aquilino warned if the North fires an intercontinental ballistic missile toward the Pacific, the US will immediately intercept it.
- “It will be regarded as a clear declaration of war against the DPRK, in case such military response as interception takes place against our tests of strategic weapons that are conducted without being detrimental to the security of neighboring countries in the open waters and air which do not belong to the US jurisdiction,” she said.
External Link : https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230307000222&np=1&mp=1