- March 14, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- North Korea fired two short-range ballistic missiles into the sea off its east coast on 14 Mar, South Korea’s military said, the latest of several weapons tests as the South and the United States conduct their largest joint military drills in years.
- The missiles were fired about 0740 KST on 14 Mar from South Hwanghae province, near the country’s west coast, and flew about 620 kilometres, South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) said.
- The South Korean military was on high alert and maintaining full readiness posture in close coordination with the United States, the JCS said in a statement.
- Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said Japan was collecting information on the missile, and that they have not confirmed any damage within the country related to the launch.
- U.S. Indo-Pacific Command said the latest launches did not pose an immediate threat to U.S. personnel or territory, or to its allies, but said the North’s unlawful weapons programmes had a destabilising effect.
External Link : https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/north-korea-fires-ballistic-missile-south-korea-says-2023-03-13/