- February 7, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Fresh protests are taking place in Yangon, Myanmar’s commercial capital, on the second day of an internet blackout in the country.
- Riot police are stationed at the scene, but no violence has broken out.
- Protestors are seen shouting for the release of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and holding up the three finger salute that has come to symbolise a civil disobedience movement. Vehicles are honking.
- It is the second day protesters have taken to the streets since the Tatmadaw (military) government announced a blackout of the internet for two days, starting 6 Feb 21.
- However, some in Myanmar have managed to bypass the blocks, and more footage and photos of the protests and other news have emerged on Facebook and other social media sites like Twitter and Instagram.