- July 18, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THE country’s three main economic sectors, namely manufacturing, construction and agriculture that have been hit hard by the Covid-19 pandemic, have gradually recovered, said Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Mustapa Mohamed.
- He said even though the private construction sector is still struggling, works for government projects that had restarted had enabled many construction companies to continue their operations.
- Mustapa said the tourism and other services sectors including professional services and retail sector were adversely affected during the pandemic.
- According to him, although domestic tourism had shown a slight recovery, it cannot recover completely as international tourism is still in the doldrums.
- Besides that, he said the unemployment rate in May 20 had also recovered slightly, registering 5.3% at the national level, and this is expected to continue recovering om Jul 20.
- Meanwhile, Mustapa said he is confident that the progress in Sarawak as well as the good cooperation between the state and federal governments will lead to bigger development.
- Additionally, he said, the Sarawak government had development plans for cross-border trade with Indonesia and Brunei, which has huge potential, when Indonesia relocates its capital city from Jakarta to East Kalimantan.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/261482