- June 19, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Ahead of a meeting with the prime minister after she switched parties, Plantation Industries and Commodities Minister Zuraida Kamaruddin has expressed hope that she would be retained in the cabinet.
- She said this would ensure continuity in the programmes planned by the ministry.
- On 16 Jun 22, the premier said he would be meeting Zuraida next week to discuss her cabinet post.
- Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob should use the ministerial quota from Umno instead of “stealing” from Bersatu if he wants to maintain Plantation Industries and Commodities Minister Zuraida Kamaruddin in the cabinet.
- This is according to Ampang Bersatu division leader Mohd Isa Mohd Saidi who described Zuraida as someone without principles and shame for the sake of keeping her position and wealth.
- He further criticised Zuraida, saying that he was not surprised by her joining Parti Bangsa Malaysia (PBM) as its president-designate.
- She has always wanted to hold a high position in the party quickly, without going through the electoral process, even when she was in Bersatu, Isa said.
- However, he said the Ampang MP did not focus on helping the party or the rakyat after she was appointed to Bersatu’s supreme council.
- Bersatu is pushing for Zuraida to be dropped from the cabinet with party president Muhyiddin Yassin seeking to meet with Ismail Sabri to discuss her replacement.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/625287
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/625292