- February 5, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PKR vice-president Zuraida Kamaruddin is taking leave from all party posts until disciplinary proceedings against her are completed.
- Her political secretary Nor Hizwan Ahmad announced this on 5 Feb 20, Malay Mail Online reported. Nor Hizwan said Zuraida, who is also housing and local government minister, sent a letter to party president Anwar Ibrahim on 5 Feb.
- She is stepping back as vice-president as well as Ampang PKR division chief. Her leave begins immediately, Nor Hizwan said.
- Zuraida is facing disciplinary proceedings for a speech made at a dinner in December in which she allegedly insulted Anwar and leaked details of a private conversation between them.
- The dinner followed the conclusion of the PKR annual congress, which saw open verbal attacks between the factions aligned to Anwar and deputy president Mohamed Azmin Ali.
- Azmin, Zuraida and others allied to the economic affairs minister had boycotted the final day of the congress, and attended the dinner where speeches attacking Anwar’s faction were made.
- At the same dinner, Zuraida had also accused PKR secretary-general Saifuddin Nasution Ismail of misappropriating funds, over which the latter is suing her for defamation.
- PKR’s disciplinary board issued Zuraida a show-cause letter on 18 Jan 20, to which she replied on 29 Jan 20 by defending her actions.
- Nor Hizwan on 5 Feb 20 said Zuraida has also replied to the disciplinary board about two other letters of demand, from Anwar’s political secretary Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak, and from Saifuddin.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/217199