- October 8, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THE Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission has summoned Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi for questioning on 10 Oct 18.
- Umno Supreme Council member Lokman Noor Adam said the former deputy prime minister received a notice to be present at 10am at the commission’s headquarters in Putrajaya.
- In Jul 18, Zahid was questioned over a period of two days by the MACC investigating allegations of funds misappropriation in a foundation run by his family.
- He allegedly used MYR800,000 of Akal Budi Foundation funds to pay off credit card bills racked up by him and his wife. It is unclear if Zahid’s latest call up is related to the same investigation or to1Malaysia Development Bhd money.
- It was reported earlier that the authorities have started questioning Umno leaders and division heads for allegedly receiving money embezzled from the scandal-ridden state investment fund.
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/101863