- March 17, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said he will address the controversy surrounding the appointment of Onn Hafiz Ghazi as the new Johor menteri besar at the Umno annual general assembly on 18 Mar 22.
- He said he will also respond to those within the party who pushed back against the calling of a snap general election. “I will answer both questions on 18 Mar 22,” he told a press conference.
- Zahid is expected to deliver a keynote address on 18 Mar 22 and he will be concluding the debate by the delegates on 19 Mar 22.
- Meanwhile, Zahid said the party’s supreme council is slated to meet on 17 Mar 22.
- “This is a regular meeting which is usually held on the eve of the party’s annual general assembly where a briefing will be given by the chairperson. The motions tabled by the supreme council are to debate the policy speech of the president. We will examine the motions on 17 Mar 22 and we will pass the motions with or without amendments,” he said.
- Supreme council member Puad Zarkashi reportedly said that, during the assembly, a motion will be raised on dissolving Parliament.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/614738