- August 12, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Dr Mahathir Mohamad on 12 Aug 20 named lawyer Amir Khusyari as his choice of candidate for the 29 Aug 20 Slim by-election.
- The former prime minister presented the 39-year-old Slim resident on 12 Aug 20 at an event attended by about 200 people.
- Former deputy foreign minister Marzuki Yahya is the group’s election director for the Slim campaign.
- Amanah president Mohamad Sabu, DAP’s Anthony Loke, former Kedah Menteri Besar Mukhriz Mahathir, former Education Minister Maszlee Malik, former Deputy Finance Minister Amiruddin Hamzah and former Youth and Sports Minister Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman were present.
- Earlier on 12 Aug 20, Barisan Nasional announced that Tg Malim Umno acting chief Mohd Zaini Aziz, 43, was its candidate for the by-election.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/266447