- August 4, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Parti Warisan Sabah (Warisan) will defend the seats it won in Sabah during the 14th General Election (GE14), in the upcoming state election, says party president Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal.
- However, Mohd Shafie said he would discuss with other parties under the ‘Warisan-Plus’ alliance to determine who would contest in seats Warisan had lost during GE14.
- Warisan won 21 seats out of the 45 seats which it contested during the last election.
- Speaking at a press conference after chairing a Warisan meeting here on 4 Aug 20, Mohd Shafie said he had also asked the heads of Warisan divisions to submit their respective candidates’ names before the matter is further discussed with other parties.
- On the 13 new seats to be contested in the next state election, he said the party would determine the best candidates for the purpose.
- Meanwhile, Mohd Shafie advised people in the state to adhere to the SOPs set by the authorities, especially in the run up to the election.