- May 4, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Parliament and Law) Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar hopes that the Anti-Party-Hopping Bill can be tabled and adopted before the 15th general election (GE15).
- However, he said it is up to Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob whether to table the bill at the Jul 22 sitting of the Dewan Rakyat or earlier at a special sitting.
- “If you ask me, I would prefer to have the law implemented first (before GE15) so that what happened in 2018 would not happen again this year or in 2023. If we have GE before the law is in place, there is a risk of (politicians) hopping left and right,” he added.
- He said he could not elaborate on the proposed anti-hopping law as the Dewan Rakyat Standing Order 85 prevents disclosure of a bill before a report is presented to the House.
- “As the one heading the (select) committee on the bill, I am confident that the committee has the ability and legal experience to resolve any problems,” he said.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/620176