- March 24, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The anti-party hopping bill has been scheduled to be tabled at a special parliamentary sitting on 11 Apr 22, said Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Parliament and Law) Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar.
- Wan Junaidi said he had discussed with Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob on the date.
- “Under Regulation 11 (3), it is indeed the power and the right of the prime minister to discuss with the speaker but the date was set within 14 days,” he said when winding up the debate on the Constitutional (Amendment) Bill 2022.
- Wan Junaidi said there was no problem for the special sitting to be held in the month of Ramadan as the Dewan Rakyat sitting had previously been held during the fasting month.
- “There’s no need to worry as the prime minister has assured us that we will table this bill and will leave it to the MPs to decide. The prime minister also said that if we are not able to debate on the bill in one day, the special sitting can be held over two days,” he said.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/615774