- October 25, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PAS has been advocating for cooperation between the three parties. During the week, various MPs from PAS have continued to voice their support for the parties to cooperate during the elections.
- Bersatu however seems to already be preparing to go ahead without the support of UMNO. Muhyiddin has already stated that PN can no longer wait for UMNO to make a decision. He also stated that PN is ready to contest all 28 seats.
- The PN deputy chairperson has also reassured onlookers that PN will not withdraw their support for the current government led by PM Ismail even if UMNO and PN decide to clash.
- According to various UMNO sources on 22 Oct 21, the UMNO Supreme Council is hesitant on accepting the deal proposed by Bersatu on the division of seats representing Malay-majority constituencies.
- Out of the 28 seats up for grabs, there are 21 seats that represent Malay-majority constituents. Bersatu is reportedly asking for 8 seats, and PAS for 5 seats, which would leave UMNO with 8.
- BN previously contested all 28 seats, out of which, 18 candidates were from UMNO. 13 of these candidates won in GE14.
- According to UMNO Melaka liaison chief Ab Rauf Yusoh, a decision will be reached on 28 Oct 21 regarding UMNO’s gameplan. This is despite UMNO’s President, Zahid, already announcing last week that in no uncertain terms will UMNO work with PN.
- Mahathir has also stated that Pejuang will not be joining the upcoming Melaka elections, nor will be helping any party.
- Meanwhile, Idris was reported to be “gatecrashing” an UMNO meeting on 24 Oct 21, days after being rejected by PH to run under their banner.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/596565
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/596539
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/596559