- July 23, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- UMNO and PAS will seal their pact in Sep 19 after the matter was agreed upon in the week ending on 21 Jul 19, said PAS deputy president Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man.
- The agreement has been put on hold as the Umno leaders are busy in Aug 19 with their party meetings, he said.
- Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi during the Machang divisional meeting on 20 Jul 19 also said the pact will be signed soon.
- The Umno Supreme Council is expected to hold a meeting on 24 Jul 19 to discuss the charter.
- The move to formalise cooperation follows a hat-trick of by-election victories for Umno in 1H19. The success was credited to PAS bringing in the Malay vote for the BN coalition after both agreed to work together in the by-elections.
- Both parties then decided to formalise their ad hoc arrangement and since then, have been holding talks on it.
- Umno vice-president Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the charter will be the guideline to initiate cooperation between both Umno and PAS.
- Aside from cooperation, the Umno-PAS charter also underlines three items agreed by both parties – namely, elections, Malay-Islam rights and privileges and issues raised in Parliament.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/170179