- March 11, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- UMNO and PAS discussed Muafakat Nasional’s (MN) empowerment agenda during the coalition’s consultative committee meeting at Menara Dato’ Onn on 10 Mar 21 night.
- Umno secretary-general Ahmad Maslan said the meeting will be co-chaired by Umno’s deputy president Mohamad Hasan and PAS deputy president Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man.
- Twelve top leaders from both parties will also be present.
- “Several matters will be discussed on MN empowerment because we have never made any statement that are contrary, both Umno and PAS are serious about empowering MN,” he said when met by reporters on 10 Mar 21.
- Asked if 10 Mar 21’s meeting agenda will include giving PAS the ultimatum to work either with Umno or Bersatu, Ahmad said PAS has the right to choose to work with Bersatu under Perikatan Nasional (PN).
- “PAS-Umno ties have been established way before PAS and Bersatu started working together under PN, so there is no reason for us to give PAS the ultimatum to decide,” he said.
- On seat allocations, Ahmad said he sees no strife over seat allocation between the two parties for the upcoming general election (GE15).
- “Between Umno and PAS we hope there will be no clashes, but between Umno and Bersatu – that we shall keep in view,” he said.
- Earlier on 10 Mar 21 evening, Umno and PAS held an MN Technical Committee Meeting, co-chaired by Umno vice-president Mohamed Khaled Nordin and PAS’ vice-president Idris Ahmad.
- Khaled said through the regular meetings, the two parties have built stronger ties and have been working together to strengthen MN.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/304645