- December 13, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- UMNO Vice-President Ismail Sabri reiterated a call for the party to continue supporting him as the Prime Minister, such that the cabinet would be able to focus on resolving health and economic issues instead of facing internal divisions and politicking.
- He said this while opening a meeting between Bera UMNO Wanita, Youth, and Puteri delegates. He also called upon the party to return to its roots: to unite the Malay and Muslim communities.
- PM Ismail Sabri also emphasised that the party was able to return to power in the government not because they won GE14, but because they were able to work with other parties to do so. He also lamented that there were “several camps and rifts in the party”.
- He also noted that the Melaka win only saw UMNO’s popular vote increasing by 1%. He also noted that there were camps in the party seeking to prevent Undi18, but publicly pushed back against this.
- UMNO President Zahid also called for cooperation between all BN parties during the week, to put aside any “inter-party” problems in BN while bringing together BN-friendly parties to win GE15 during the MIC’s 75th Annual General Assembly.
- He also assured the MIC that the party’s traditional seat would not be contested by any BN-friendly party in GE15. MIC President Vigneswaran is hopeful that the MIC would receive new seats based on “political realities” as well.
- During the assembly, PM Ismail Sabri also announced that the annual financial support from the government for the private MIC-founded Aimst University will be increased from MYR20mn to MYR25mn starting from 2022. A Special Cabinet Committee on the Development of the Indian Community would also be established.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/602734
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/602718
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/602739
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/602607