- March 23, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- UMNO will become the first political party to make its annual general meeting fully accessible online when the party meets on 27 and 28 Mar 21.
- This includes the party members’ debates, which regularly receive media attention for their racially charged and often incendiary rhetoric.
- In comparison, Bersatu and MCA have preferred to hold their debates behind closed doors during their recent AGMs.
- “The president, deputy president and all the wing chiefs’ policy speeches and debates will be aired on Facebook Live and Umno Online,” said party media officer Mohd Nasri Zakariah in a press call at Putra World Trade Centre on 23 Mar 21.
- “This will include the delegates’ debate speeches,” he added.
- The 2020 Umno general assembly (PAU 2020) will discuss politics, economy, social, religion and the Covid-19 pandemic, said party secretary-general Ahmad Maslan in a statement.
- Deputy party president Mohamad Hasan will launch the Wanita, Pemuda and Puteri conferences on 27 Mar 21, he said.
- “President Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi will deliver his policy speech on 28 Mar 21 followed by the delegates’ debate,” said Ahmad.
- The National Security Council has approved the plans for PAU 2020.
- Unlike previous PAUs, there will be no observers or non delegates at PWTC in 2021.
- The Wanita, Pemuda and Puteri wings will meet simultaneously on 27 Mar 21 while the main delegate will convene on 28 Mar 21.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/306800