- September 26, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Aggressive measures taken to boost Malaysia’s tourism and hospitality industry, which include hotels, foods, restaurants, chefs, as well as food services equipment and suppliers doing their part, will help maintain the industry as the third largest contributor to the country’s economy.
- Deputy Minister of Tourism and Culture, Datuk Mas Ermieyati Samsudin cited how such combined efforts went a long way towards enabling the tourism industry to contribute MYR73.3bn to the nation’s coffers in 2016.
- According to data from Tourism Malaysia, the target for tourist arrivals in 2017 was 31.8 million while tourist receipts were expected to reach MYR118bn.
- She said the tourism and hospitality industry was recognised as one of the National Key Economic Areas in the government’s vision to help make Malaysia a high-income nation by 2020.
- By 2020, Malaysia is targeted to draw some 36 million tourists with tourism receipts projected at MYR168bn.