- August 4, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The government is set to launch the national car project 3.0 by 2020 as envisioned by Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohammad.
- Entrepreneur Development Minister Mohd Redzuan Yusof said the current government was confident that the move could revitalise the national automotive industry.
- “We attempt to revive and grow the industry due to its tremendous potential. Besides, auto component manufacturing is also one of the sectors that drives small and medium enterprises (SMEs),” he told reporters on the sidelines of the TOC Automotive College Convocation Ceremony in Kuala Lumpur on 4 Aug 18.
- Redzuan also said the government needed the support of the industry, as well as knowledge, skilled and talented graduates to succeed the dream.
- “In the past, we tried to grow the automotive industry by creating our own car, but obviously, we need to work on the timeline. This had put a lot of challenges that we see today where Proton has been compromised,” he said.
- Hence, Redzuan said the government would refine and improve from “what and where went wrong” (in Proton).
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/84757