- August 12, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THE bill on enacting unilateral conversion in Selangor is being reviewed by the sultan, Menteri Besar Amirudin Shari said.
- “We will make sure that this matter is discussed thoroughly, because some of the issues are related to the interpretation of the federal constitution. So, we have to refer back (to the constitution). At the moment, the Selangor sultan is also reviewing the paper,” he said, referring to Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah.
- The decision on whether to table the Islamic Administration Enactment Bill will be made after consultation with all parties.
- “It is a constitutional issue and we have to discuss within a constitutional framework. Of course, from certain religious perspectives, we also want to follow the legal framework or the constitution framework.”
- He said the bill is currently being scrutinised and the state government will determine the next course of action once a decision has been made.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/174973