- March 10, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- AMANAH will continue to support Pakatan Harapan (PH) as it is an important political coalition for the party, said its deputy president, Salahuddin Ayub. He, however, urges PH partners not to entice Amanah members and lawmakers to defect.
- To date, five Amanah assemblymen – two from Selangor and three from Johor – have joined PKR. This has caused tension among leaders of both parties.
- Salahuddin, who is also PH vice-president, said the matter was raised at the recent presidential council meeting, where it was decided that parties would not accept members of another coalition partner.
- Seats won by the defectors will be contested by the original party and not the lawmaker who had switched parties.
- He also said elected reps from Amanah leaving to join PKR was due to individual factors and not party-related.
- Salahuddin said the three-party coalition of Amanah, PKR and DAP is also aware of their role.
- Amanah is ready to play a role in strengthening PH, including its cooperation with other parties outside the coalition, he said.
- The Pulai MP said the future of Amanah, which now has about 150,000 members, also depends on PH’s strengths.
- The party will bring its idea to form a grand opposition coalition.
- Salahuddin, who is also Simpang Jeram assemblyman, said Amanah hopes to contest in more parliamentary and state seats in the next elections.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/304433