- May 12, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THE Sarawak state elections is not a priority of the Gabungan Parti Sarawak (GPS) government for the time being and it is focusing on efforts to curb the spread of Covid-19 which is still a threat.
- Chief Minister (CM) Abang Johari Tun Openg said priority is now on containing Covid-19 as the disease has taken many lives in the state.
- “The GPS government will give priority to efforts to fight Covid-19. Other matters such as state elections could be later until the situation permits,” he said.
- According to him, the increase in infections lately is worrying with Sarawak becoming among the top states in terms of daily cases in the past few weeks.
- However, Abang Johari is confident the criticisms would not break the spirit of the members of the committee to continue doing its best to curb the spread of Covid-19, taking into consideration the relevant data and factors.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/315243