- April 13, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Sabah Pakatan Harapan will go out in full force to win back the Sandakan parliamentary seat on 11 May 19, its chief Christina Liew said on 11 Apr 19.
- She said Sabah PH would have to work hard to win the by-election as a number of parties would be eyeing the seat.
- It is understood that Sabah PAS, Parti Bersatu Sabah and Parti Perpaduan Rakyat Sabah have already announced their interest or are presently assessing the possibilities of fielding candidates in the upcoming by-poll.
- When asked about who will be PH’s candidate, Liew kept mum but indicated that Sabah DAP had its candidate.
- The likely choice seen to contest in the seat at present will be Wong’s daughter, Vivian Wong, 30, who had worked closely with her father as a public relations officer in the Sabah Health and Wellbeing Ministry.
- Meanwhile, Liew said she was optimistic that Sabah DAP will retain the federal seat.
- Sabah Chief Minister Mohd Shafie Apdal also expressed hopes to put an end to Pakatan Harapan’s losing streak in the Sandakan by-election in May 19.
- He admitted that retaining the federal seat will not be easy, given that the sentiments are not favouring PH in the Peninsular Malaysia, but he promised to give it his best shot.
- Critics have blamed failed policies and PH’s failure to deal with the daily issues affecting all Malaysians, such as the rising cost of living.
- Shafie said it will take a bit of time to explain all these problems to Sandakan voters but noted that the momentum in Sabah and the peninsula are different.
- The Election Commission has set the by-election date on 11 May 19 while nomination will be held on 27 Apr 19.
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/147836
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/147584