- January 21, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- SELANGOR Pakatan Harapan will hold a meeting to discuss the candidate for the Semenyih by-election scheduled for Mar 19. Chairman Amirudin Shari said he will call state PH components for a meeting next week to select the candidate.
- “Next week, I will call for a state PH meeting. Hopefully, all parties will reach a consensus on the PH candidate. We hope to retain the seat,” he said.
- He said he will leave it to Bersatu, whose rep last held the state seat, to find an eligible candidate.
- Bersatu has hinted it will be fielding a local candidate in the by-election. Bersatu Supreme Council member Abu Bakar Yahya said the party wished to picked a candidate who knew the local community.
- PSM central committee member S Arutchelvan recently told FMT he might contest in the by-election.
- Azmi said it would be an uphill battle for PSM since most voters would not see it as an alternative to either PH or BN. He said he would like to see PSM giving PH “a run for its money”.
- He also said, without elaborating, that PPBM was having “internal problems” and this would increase BN’s chances of winning, assuming PH would field a PPBM candidate.
- The Semenyih by-election will take place on 2 Mar 19, Election Commission chief Azhar Harun. Nominations are on 16 Feb 19 while early voting is on 26 Feb 19.
- The Semenyih state fell vacant following the death of its assemblyman, Mohd Bakhtiar Mohd Nor, 57, last Friday of a heart attack. Bakhtiar defeated three other candidates by 8,964 votes at the 14th general election.
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/127277
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/127114
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/126738