- November 11, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Perikatan Nasional is confident that it can win the Malacca election despite pundits predicting the possibility of a total wipeout for its lynchpin parties Bersatu and PAS.
- However, the coalition will not announce its chief minister candidate just yet.
- Bersatu information chief Wan Saiful Wan Jan said discussions on who should be chief minister have been had, but will only be announcing a candidate after they win the election.
- Asked about PN’s chances of bagging 15 seats, Wan Saiful said the party was “realistically” confident.
- “We are realistic in our expectations that we have a good chance; our chances are bright,” he said.
- “The people see that we are a coalition whose focus is to look after the people. “We don’t fight among ourselves… we are not a divided party… our chances are bright,” he said.
- Bersatu had won two seats in Malacca in 2018 when it was part of Pakatan Harapan.
- Meanwhile, its partners PAS and Gerakan won zero seats in the state that year.
- The coalition is in a three-cornered fight against Umno-led BN, and Harapan, and according to pundits, PN’s chances at winning the polls are slim.
- Asked about whether they would be willing to work with others to form a new state government, Wan Saiful said they would cross that bridge when they get there.
External Link : https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/598818