- June 23, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THE government will have to study various factors, including the actual Covid-19 situation nationwide, and intervention methods before deciding whether to move into phase two of the National Recovery Plan, said Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.
- According to Muhyiddin, although the government had set certain targets – such as dates, periods, number of cases, vaccination milestones, and usage of intensive care unit beds – the actual situation frequently changes.
- “The national recovery plan has what we call threshold values… but we have to understand that the situation changes and that is why we may make slight adjustments. This will be decided at the National Security Council meeting that I chair, to assess the situation,” he said.
- Muhyiddin said the government always monitors the latest developments through the Health Ministry and all available systems to determine the intervention methods that can be implemented.
- Earlier, Health Minister Dr Adham Baba said the country could move into phase two of the national recovery plan if the daily average number of Covid-19 cases drops below 4,000 for seven consecutive days.
- He said intensive care bed utilisation should also be below 75% and 10% of the population should be vaccinated for this phase to happen.
- Meanwhile, former prime minister Najib Razak asked if the lockdown, which is to end on 28 Jun 21, will be extended, pointing out that the first movement control order (MCO) in 2020 had lasted 45 days.
- “Now 45 days have passed since the current lockdown was announced on 10 May 21, but 21 more new clusters were still detected on 22 Jun 21,” he said.
- Najib also questioned if the people had received government assistance, chiding that efforts to contain the outbreak should not be “half-baked”.
- Najib said reasonable and realistic assistance should be promptly given to the most affected so that they are able to live through this difficult period.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/323213
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/323155